The exercise techniques on Body-for-LIFE are based on universal principles that have already produced breakthroughs in tens of thousands of people.
Countless studies show that high-intensity training burns fat more effectively than low-intensity exercise, plus the addition of strength-training exercise allows you to not only increase your metabolic rate, but change the actual shape of your body. This is why Body-for-LIFE’s combination of targeted strength-training workouts and high-intensity cardio workouts is so effective.
Official Body-for-LIFE Weight-Training Plan
- Weight train intensely, three times per week on alternating days with aerobicWorkout exercise three times per week. Make sure to hit your "high points" during your workout.
- Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body.
- Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.
- Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.
- For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final two sets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group, complete this pattern five times for the upper body training experience and four times for the lower body training experience.
- Always plan your training before hand.
- Record all your weightlifting exercised in a journal indicating the exercise selected and weight lifted.
- At Ponsonby Private Health Club we personalise your programme to suit your individual needs and goals
Training-for-Life progress Reports
Cardio workouts are indispensable to an effective training program and general good health. By definition, cardio workouts can be any exercise—jogging, running, biking, swimming, elliptical machine, stairs, even jumping rope—that raises and maintains your heart rate over a predetermined amount of time. By doing so, you strengthen your heart and lungs and lower your resting heart rate, which means that over time the same effort that produced a 10-minute mile will produce a 9-minute mile. Cardio workouts burn fat. And cardio fitness is what gives you endurance and the ability to persist in sports and in life.
The Benefits of Cardio
- Increases metabolic rate
- Increases growth hormone secretion
- Reduces stress levels
- Increases blood flow to the brain increasing alertness
- Improve cholesterol levels
- Improves digestion
- Boosts immune-system function
20-Minute Aerobics Solution™ — The Official Body-for-LIFE Cardio Plan
- Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5
- Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6
- Minutes 2-6, 6-10 and 10-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute.
- Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain for one minute.
- Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute.
Training-for-Life progress Report - Cardio Example
Alternate weight-training and cardio workouts for six consecutive days and rest on the seventh day. We adjust your aerobic's solutions on a monthly basis to meet our clients fitness level.